Have a look at how to make columns in google docs so you can effortlessly arrange your file data into the newly created cells. You can later manage the document data by applying filters, sorting and other excel formulas. We are sure, many of us would have used Google Docs as they are super friendly and easy to use. Google Docs is the most expedient tool with multiple features for creating files quickly. It has various features, which help create files. Among these features, Google Docs also offers the features split the text written into multiple columns. Creating columns in Google Docs can help create newsletters or brochures and helps to split the documents into multiple columns of images and texts on the page. Google has recently added this feature for the users’ convenience, and learning how to make columns in Google Docs can be quite helpful.
How to Make Columns in Google Docs to Manage Data Easily?
Splitting Into Two Columns in Google DocsTo split the document in Google Docs, firstly, the part you need to split up should be highlighted or else the document will remain in its original format.
- To begin the process, you need to click on the ‘Format’ menu in the Google Docs menu bar.
- Head over to the Columns in Format menu and then click on the two-column icons present in the middle.
- After clicking on the option, the text selected will automatically split into two separate columns.
Restoring Text to Single ColumnsIf you want to change the look of your columns in Google Docs and makes it a single column, you can do it by retracing the previously followed steps of Google Docs formatting.
- Select and highlight the text you want in a single column.
- Then again, click on the Format menu in the Google Docs at the top of the menu bar.
- Head on to the Sub Menu of Columns and then click on the icon of single column present on the left.
- Once clicked, the highlighted text will return to the single-column format and fill up the whole page.
Other Available Options for Google Docs Formatting:Although Google Docs allows control over the formatting of the column’s look, the power provided is minimal. If you want to format your queue further, you can add an extra line or set space between the columns.
- Highlight the text you wish to format into columns and then click on the Format in the menu bar.
- On the Columns Sub Menu, click on the more options.
- Once clicked, the space between the columns shown in inches can be set as your choice.
- Set the options according to your need and then click on apply to make the changes on the selected text.
- On clicking Apply, the format will get updated.